Friday, October 17, 2014

Even when I'm down, I'm not out


This whole week I have been home from work, with migraines, headaches, sinus troubles and now a cold. I really hate riding on the train listening to people coughing and sneezing and blowing their noses... keep it at home asshole! So, what have I done this week? Well let me first say, that the day Delainey started school I rejoiced in the fact that any day from now on, if I was home sick from work, I would have the entire house to MYSELF all day! (as long as it was a Monday/Wednesday/every other Friday) This week, I've had all three days!! Yay me! Everyone is happy when Mummy is home. We get to have dinner by 6pm. I bake treats for them during the day. I bought them a movie to watch when they got home from school one day and we all snuggled on the couch and watched it. I cleaned their rooms. All the laundry is done. It may sound cray cray, but I feel like I've had a nice relaxing week. Despite feeling like I've been hit by a train, snotty tissues all over the place, I also LOOK like I've been hit by a train. But also, last weekend, before I got hit by the plague, Delainey went to a birthday party on Saturday. And she looked ADORABLE!



On Saturday night I took Ashton and Delainey to a night time corn maze! We had a blast. Keenan and Holden were to chicken to come. Keenan has some kind of fear of corn fields. It comes from his childhood. Growing up across the street from a corn field, he was running through it one day, then all of a sudden came face to face with a scarecrow holding a persons head in one hand and a big 'ol pair of rusty shears in the other hand. Shit, who wouldn't be scared of THAT!!! That would be scary right? But no, actually he came face to face with a cow... so now he is scared of corn mazes/fields. On Sunday we went and picked out our pumpkins, the pumpkins at the patch we went to were all HUGE. Then the kids dug up some carrots which they have been devouring all week!


Yesterday our house was covered in ladybugs,
 and it looks like they are still out there today.



Best Buds!
So, I've spent a lot of time in my pyjamas, a day or two of not showering (not consecutive) spent lots of quality time with my kids, taken care of myself, spent some time on the couch doing nothing for a few hours at a time. It's been kinda nice. Despite the being sick part. Each day I was secretly hoping to sneak off to yoga... But each morning I woke up feeling like crap, so that didn't happen! Hopefully next week. 

No comments: